Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Winter in Yosemite

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Winter in Yosemite

Postby balzaccom » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Hey guys

Sure is quiet in here. Too quiet.

So what are your favorite hikes/activities in Yosemite in Winter?

I vote for snowshoeing in Wawona ( or anywhere else, for that matter, inluding the Glacier Point Road...)

other suggestions?

http://backpackthesierra.com/
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:41 pm

I love being out when it is actually snowing. I just went to Morraine dome this past Friday and the snow storm was beautiful. The John Muir coming back down was pretty icy though.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby oakroscoe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:11 am

The winter time is the only time of the year that I'll go into thr Valley. It's nice to be able to see it without the crowds of tourists.

This winter I would like to try snowshoeing and see some terrain in a totally different element. I've never snowcamped before, but I've always wanted to.
oakroscoe
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby balzaccom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:47 am

I di d check the NPS site, and it does seem that Winter is the one time you can find a campsite pretty easily, even in the valley. I think we'll try that after the holidays...
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking